Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Succulents

I knew I'd get your attention with that one! Succulents are what I'd like to discuss today and by succulents, I mean the plants, not what I think of short shorts on a 50 year old man. I don't know why I said that either.

Anyway, with great weather upon us I'm in the mood for some serious gardening, but in 15 minute bursts because I'm sweating my butt off! Geez!


I'm talking about succulents a.k.a. "fat plants" because of their water retaining qualities. I have a few very difficult garden beds in my yard.
See the monster overhang?
Hey stop looking at the peeling paint! I haven't gotten there yet!

I'd be difficult too if I had no access to water! I guess sometimes they get a slanty rain drink. That's why Succulents are a perfect fit for this awkward garden bed. Somehow, even though I don't water them, they survive and add a little green to an otherwise brown  garden bed.

When summer is at it's peek these green plants will get a deep pink cluster of flowers, adding even more color to the drab front bed.

The flowers aren't the only burst of color you'll get with succulents. Also beautiful are the lovely shades of green and red the leaves turn in the sun.





Beautiful right? Not only are succulents a great addition to the garden they make beautiful living wreaths.

Succulent Wreath

Gorgeous! Someday I might attempt this. First I have to get a prettier front door. No, I won't show you a picture of that. Somethings are better left out of this blog!








8 comments:

  1. How on earth do you find time for everything that you do with four kids? I only have two kids, and I think that brushing my teeth is a huge accomplishment. You amaze me lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things: Lots of coffee in the morning and beer to come down in the evening! jk;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...that first pic made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. Secondly, I LOVE that wreath!!! Wonder if I could do that....?? Hmmm....

    Oh, and cool new background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The past is gone and static. Nothing we can do will change it. The past is gone and static. Nothing we can do will change it. Everything we do will affect it guild wars 2 gold sale, you laugh at me for being different, but I laugh at you for being the same sale guild wars 2 gold, The consequences of today guild wars 2 gold sale are determined by the actions of the past. To change your future, alter your decisions today .

    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who do not buy c9 gold, Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you're in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get cheap c9 gold, what gets us into trouble is not what we don't know.It's what we know for sure that just ain't so c9 money.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.