Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April Garden

We had lovely weather yesterday...well, lovely weather for the north east of the country. It was was a comfortable 72 degrees and so nice that I hung my wash outside and turned the soil in my garden! The kids and I then set to work planting onions and shallots while the babies slept. It was a great day!

I love spring gardening. I love to plan out each section of the garden bed and to plant the seeds or seedlings in the ground. When summer comes it gives me such joy to see the things that we planted ripen and be harvested and then used at our table or canned in a jar for the winter! I truly feel like I've done something productive or at least that I'm one step closer to surviving nuclear holocaust in my bomb shelter- okay I don't have one of those, but I do have a dirt floor basement. Jealous? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I plan on sharing my garden with you periodically through the spring and summer, so just bear with me. It's not pretty now, certainly not a Martha Stewart garden, more like a Roseanne garden, but one day I hope it will be something Martha would look at and say "job well done my good and faithful gardener."

The garden soil is turned and the onions planted.

Noel, my Basenji-schipperke baby (she loves the camera!)


I love when they play like this!

The forsythia is in full  bloom!

This one is trying to escape!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.