Thursday, April 14, 2011

Names on the wall

You know that weird stuff left over from a repurposed project? You know what I mean. Table legs you cut to shorten a table. Weird handles left from a cabinet. Random things that normally might end up in the trash. That's were I got my inspiration for today's project... the trash can. I literally picked these metal ring up ready to chuck them when I realized I was throwing away a treasure.

These were left over from the chandelier I repainted a few days ago. They adorned the glass lamp shade and they were ugly. Upon closer inspection however, I realized these ugly little rings would make perfect frames. Since I was looking to put Owen's name on his bedroom wall I thought these might make nice little frames for the letters of his name.

Now both of my boys have their names on the wall. The room is officially theirs.

6 comments:

  1. Super cute...great idea!! I'm coming to you from THe shabby shic cottage...i'm happy to be your newest follower. PLease stop by for book club or blog design if you're interested--connie, measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just crazy talented. I love this! (Do you get tired of hearing me say this on, like, every.single.post.?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! They're kind of like the embroidery rings you can get. I love making trash into treasure and it's even better when you find an idea from something instead of searching for something due to a specific idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great eye! Love a good refashion like this! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my how wonderful - I LOVE these - they look so cute. Just found your awesome blog, and I love it. I'm your newest follower, please come and see me sometime - hopefully you'll like what I do and follow me too :O)

    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sorry to have to be the one to point this out, but Owen's N is upside down.....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.