Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wall art Wednesday!

Hello and welcome to another installment of wall art Wednesday, the day of the week when I show you the newest hole I put in my wall to hang up my creations! Today I'd like to show you another little shadowbox frame I made and of course, what I put in it.

I started with an old box that I inevitably got some jewelry in. Removing the lid, I found a frame that matched the inside measurements of the frame, where the glass pane would fit. This I realize takes some luck, but if you can find a shallow box and frame to match, your in business!! 

I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the back of the box, then glued it in place.


Next I glued glass beads to the scrapbook paper in nice neat rows.





See those little gaps between the glass beads? That's where I glued my necklace beads!

 I created petals that fit around the center bead.



 



 I placed a silver earring on top of the paper flower, which you will see in the frame.

When all was finished, I glued the frame on top of the box and attached a hanger to the back.



 And there you have a custom shadow box with found art inside.









3 comments:

  1. This is so cool, love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.my.gosh. that is amazing!!! you're so talented! and i loved how there was a photo for each step -- it makes it easy to follow. :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    $25 Apothica Gift Card Giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.