Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Skeleton Key Necklace

Thanks to Pinterest and it's endless supply of pure inspiration, I found this cute idea on the blog MaizeHutton.  In her blog, she makes cute necklaces, or "Neckies" as Sophie likes to call them, from old skeleton keys and being that I am a lady with a collection of old skeleton keys, I thought I'd give this a try!

I painted the key using the blue nail polish that Abby simply had to have to wear on her nails the first day of school. Not my thing, but it sure came in handy for this project!

After I painted the key, I attached it to a $3.00 chain from Walmart. Not too shabby. A three dollar necklace!


The best part is, I can walk around the house pretending to be the wicked stepmother from Cinderella. I'd of course keep the key in my cleavage and take it out and look at it with a sinister look on my face, because that's what wicked stepmothers do right?



8 comments:

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.