Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sweater Lampshade

~blog post in rhyme

There once was a lamp shade, so boring and dull.
It had no character or beauty at all.
Until one day I decided to cover it with knit.
A vast improvement, but still not the Shi (eh em)
How could I make this lamp shade look better?
It needed some embellishment on that tiny baby sweater.
A light bulb flashed bright above my big head,
with an idea that involved needle and thread 
Yarn was the way I'd make this shade stunning.
With my tools in hand,  I hit the ground running.
When it was finished I couldn't believe,
what 5 hours of hard work could achieve!
Sure, my fingers hurt and my back is quite sore,
but at this beauty I now can adore.

~a terrible poem by Angela

Linking to: Anything Related New Nostalgia

9 comments:

  1. Wow Ang, I have to admit that shade turned out to be beautiful. I love the embellishment. And your poem is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...and loved the poem! Todd wants to know if it's flammable... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one oldest lamp in my garage, and your idea helps to give it new look. It increases value of home attraction. Such a great work, I learned lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute...and funny! I featured this today! Come check it out and grab a button
    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/09/good-morning-sunshine_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jessi
    Wait back up the truck! Does Todd read my blog? If he does, my life is complete! Oh and tell him yes, it's totally flammable, so much so it burned down the church across the street.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I
    do think that you need to publish more on this subject matter,
    it may not be a taboo subject but generally people do not discuss such
    topics. To the next! Best wishes!!

    my web page; acoustic guitar a chord

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.