Friday, September 16, 2011

Getting up the courage: primed tile reveal!

As promised, here is the grand reveal of the bathroom tile. I completely re-did the wall in question with paint, hanging accessories and decorations. The only thing I didn't do was paint over the primed tile. LOL! The reason for that is that I went so out there with the way I painted the wall, that I really needed it to sink in for a day or two before I settled on how I was going to paint the primed tile.

Without further ado, here's the wall:
Before

After




 I went Moroccan crazy, but I really like it and the best part is, my biggest critic (Chris, the Hubby) really likes it!

As far as the tile painting, let me tell you the pros and cons and just some of the things I plan on doing differently with rest of the tiled walls. Cleaning the tiles with alcohol isn't enough to get a good surface for the paint to stick to. For the other tiles I plan on roughing it up with a sander.

Also, I'm debating whether I should use a textured spray paint over the primer or if I should use exterior paint. Common sense says, use the exterior paint, it's a humid bathroom after all! On the other hand the adventurous side of me wants to see what it would look like if I used textured rock surface spray paint.

We'll see. To be continued...


6 comments:

  1. Love your blog! :) I became a follower! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! What about ceramic automotive paint? We used it on our old double oven doors and it turned out great. Super durable and resistant to moisture and heat. Going to try it on our front door next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Regina
    Um, great freakin' idea! You're my new favorite person today!! I hadn't thought about that. Where would you purchase such a thing? Lowes or a car store? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got it at AutoZone. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ceramic+engine+paint&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13490719769841040054&sa=X&ei=RnJ7Tp32F4OtsALst_3HAw&ved=0CGgQ8wIwAg It is made for engines. Our family of 8 is pretty rough on things, but it has held up for more than a year now on our ovens. It made me wonder about using it on tile since it leaves a glossy, ceramic finish. I also have a lovely pink stripe in mine. I'm game if you're game. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Regina

    Sent my old man out to get a can!! I'll let you know how it goes!! I'm very excited.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.