Thursday, September 15, 2011

Simply Creative Blog Party

Hey there! Boy am I dragging today. Thank the Lord for coffee! I need to wake up so that I can get back to my bathroom. Not for what you think. No, did that already. I'm "working" on the bathroom trying to pretty it up. It's getting there, but I have to say I have my work cut out for me. I think I could win a nastiest bathroom contest hands down.



Here's what it looked like the day we went to see the house.
 Isn't it pretty?
In all fairness the previous owner was 94 when she sold the house to us and though the room was very pink and grey, it was well maintained. Much better than I keep it now what with all that pee on the floor and toilet seat (thanks to my boys!)

I'm going to attempt to cover that lovely pink. I've done some research and have read that with the right primer you can paint over tile. Here's the beginning of the process.
Wall Before

Cleaned the tiles with rubbing alcohol

Frog tape, my new favorite painters tape!

Rolling on Zinsser Primer

Letting it dry.

Tune in tomorrow for the reveal!
Now on to the party!


1 comment:

  1. AAAAHHHHH!!! I can't wait to see how this works!! I've thought about it for years, but always seemed like it was too hard...so I can't wait to see if it's doable for me or not!! Thanks for always being willing to try stuff first!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.