Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sharpie Lampshade

I didn't really know how to title this post. I imagine it conjures up pictures of lampshades made of actual Sharpie pens. No, this isn't that. It's just another use of the magical, wonderful, multi-purpose Sharpie!

Inspiration for this project came from a very  unlikely place. It almost shames me to admit this... all right, I'm going to share an embarrassing secret; I watch Good Luck Charlie with my kids and I actually like it! There. That feels better! It's in watching this silly show that I spotted a lamp that I loved and wanted to have for my own.

This is a terrible picture and it doesn't give do the darn lamp justice, but it's all I've got!!
I guess it's a little like this:

How to make a Hand Drawn Lamp Shade

To make this lampshade you need a few tools:

Scissors
Tape
Sharpie
Lamp Shade

First I found a suitable pattern online.  The lampshade I'm using is square and only 7 inches high by 10 inches long at it's widest point. I simply created a template that was 8x11 inches.

I measured and cut out the shape of each side of my lampshade.

Next I fit the patterns on the inside of the lamp shade, printed side up against the shade and I traced with my sharpie.


I did this one panel at a time  until all four side were finished and Voilà! A floral print lamp shade. Eat that Good Luck Charlie- Just Kidding.. I like you!!



17 comments:

  1. That.is.awesome! I am totally going to do this! I watch Good Luck Charlie w/my kids too - I LOVE the set and Gabe, he cracks me up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have kids or grandkids that young anymore, but now I am curious about Good Luck Charlie! LOL A great idea for the lampshade, and one I will file away for future reference. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! I just read this...so funny that we talked about all these very things this morning, and I hadn't read this yet. So, when I got home and read it, it made me laugh. Love the lamp...(and GLC)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it has been some time. But you would happen to recall where you found this pattern would you? It would be perfect for a stool I am wanting to do in Crewel work. This pattern wound be just what I am looking for. Hate posting my email but for this..... TheHomeGardener at aol dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this site.
    I am hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts from
    you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing
    abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal site now
    ;)

    My website :: cellulite treatment cream

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article.
    http://bestdownloadablefreeware.ru

    ReplyDelete

  7. شركة ضهوة بالدمام - شركة متميزة ومحترفة تمتلك العديد من الطواقم والعمالة الفنية المدربة على أعلى مستوى بالإضافة لدينا مُعدات وإمكانيات هائلة وجبارة..أهلاً بكم في موقع شركة ضهوة

    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام 0505108424

    https://alfaris-aleurbaa.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.