Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm sorry, this was the best deal ever!

I know how annoying it is to read posts about how someone saved a butt load of money with coupons, but listen, when it happens to you, you want to shout it from the rooftops! You want to climb the highest mountain and tell the whole world the wonderful news. You want to grab an old man by his saggy old cheeks, look him square in the eye, and tell him you outsmarted corporate America once again. Or,  you just settle for your seven year old son and explain to him your brilliant coupon clipping plan that saved you $20! Seven year old's still don't have a great concept of money, so it's not really the same.

I've been an annoying clipper for about a year now and I've saved a lot of money, but don't worry, my pantry doesn't look like an episode of hoarders! I get things when I need them. I've found most success with toiletries and paper products; anything from shampoo and paper towels. Sometimes I find great deals and sometimes I go to Costco. It doesn't consume all of my time to clip and plan anymore either. Honestly, you just get used to it and now I have it down to a Sunday night science. I sit in front of Sunday night football with Chris and clip and stuff my coupon binder. I don't have to do anything with it all week; there's nothing to it!

Like I said, I usually save money here and there, but this week I put my mind to finding all of the really great deals at CVS. I was running LOW on shampoo and conditioner and Chris's pits were really starting to ripen (deodorant.)

SOooo I planned it all out (You really should never go to CVS without a plan!) See below for my tremendous savings...which I paid for in ALL pocket change. And wouldn'tcha know, there wasn't an old man or a seven year old anywhere to be seen, so I guess I had to share this triumph with you! I HEART you CVS and I heart you readers, for listing to this silly post!

8 comments:

  1. Wha?? How?? Pfffttt. Don't bother explaining. I'll never do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I played the system, that's how! I made CVS my B-word.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Maybe I can get my now retired husband to start doing this. I know I never will! Wow, anyway. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is great! I love that you did this. Makes the Dutchy part of me want to sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is brilliant isn't she? That's my daughter... : )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear from you, but please forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, It's most likely I have a child climbing up my butt.